Knowledge is power, and I don’t want my Program to only be about ‘telling’ you what to do, my aim is to ‘teach’ you what to do also. Then you can make healthy eating and exercise choices on your own for the rest of your life. Teaching you the Basic Body and Fat Burning facts will help you understand your body, appreciate the ‘hows and whys’, and enable you to stick to the Program to achieve your desired results. Metabolism, Circulation and Hydration are vital roles of the body and ones we need to take into consideration to help increase calorie and fat burning abilities.
Turn your Body into a Fat Burning Machine3 Easy Ways to Turn your Body into a Fat Burning Machine 1. Increase Metabolism 2. Increase Circulation
- Improves lymphatic system’s ability to detoxify
- Helps Eliminate Toxins from Body
- Helps Reduce Cellulite
- Increases oxygen and nutrient supply to blood – which helps burn calories as a result
- Drinking more water can help burn fat and increase weight loss
- Helps Eliminate Toxins from Body
- Helps Reduce Cellulite
- Helps improve overall health, plus gives you clearer, glowing, brighter skin
Our Body & Food ~ Made SimpleBetter your Knowledge ~ Better your Health ~ Better your Body
- Hard hitting truth…. If you eat junk, you’re going to feel like junk in every area of your life, physically, emotionally and mentally. You are exactly what you eat.
- Eating a diet high in fat and sugar will give you an unhealthy overweight body, eating a ‘clean’ healthy and lean diet will have you trim, healthy and never wanting to look back.
- Eating ‘clean’ healthy foods means eating foods in their natural state, not man made with added preservatives, artificial sweeteners and other nasty chemicals.
- All those things work against weightloss, energy levels, motivation and deter your body from being able to function properly to do its job – to keep us healthy.
- Having a simple understanding of how your body processes foods, and what it needs to run efficiently, will help you appreciate that your body has probably been working overtime for many years as a result of your lifestyle and food choices.
Basic Body Facts You Need To KnowHaving knowledge of these basic functions of how your body breaks down food, what it needs to fuel your body for energy plus what it needs after exercise to rebuild and tone your muscles, will help you become more conscious of your eating choices, lose excess weight, build muscle tone and even help flatten your tummy.
| Our Liver |
- Principal roles of the liver include removing toxins, processing food nutrients and regulating body metabolism
- Our liver is the main way our body processes food nutrients
- Removes toxins from the body (breaking down the bad stuff from processed food and alcohol)
- Helps us metabolise food – and how fast our body breaks down food
- Eating rubbish – like preservatives, processed sugar and artificial colors means our liver works overtime to eliminate these toxins and break down the bad foods – which is why we feel sluggish
- Eating healthy natural foods enables the liver to break down foods quickly and efficiently to make sure our bodies receive the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. This then allows the body to break down the fats properly, not spend all its time breaking down the artificial and processed preservatives
- Processed foods slow down the liver therefore slow down your metabolism
- Healthy, natural, whole foods enable our liver to be ‘clean’, allowing our body to work at its best
- Your liver cares for you – take the time to care of it – Clean Healthy Eating is the way forward
| Sugar |The Waste of Time Calorie
- Sugar is basically an empty calorie – has no nutritional value to us
- Sugar contains no essential vitamins and minerals – basically a waste of time having it
- Sugar is a carbohydrate and easily stored in the body as fat
- Sugar takes away from our fat burning ability
- Instead of burning fat and building muscle our body uses our other sources to break down sugar instead
- Sugar we eat in today’s world is processed and void of real nutrients
- Sugar isn’t natural, is man made and is more like a drug for our bodies. It causes our bodies to experience cycles of addiction where we binge, crave, then binge more
- The addiction starts at the beginning of the day with sugar in our coffee and sweetened cereals, once our bodies have tasted sugar, we crave it the rest of the day. Our bodies don’t have a path to burn off that energy quickly so it gets stored as fat
- We also feel low in energy & lethargic, often feeling hungry for something more sweet to make up for the loss in energy, which then drives us to eat more than what we need, but without the energy or motivation to burn it off
- Sugar prevents us from burning fat. It adds extra fat to your body and slows down the fat burning process promoting fat storage
- Processed sugars are completely void of any benefit to our body
- Opt for Stevia or Natvia – Stevia made from natural plant extract (Natvia is a brand of Stevia)
| Fats |Good Fats Vs Bad Fats Past diets have had us eliminating fats altogether – now we are aware that there are essential ‘good fats’ our bodies need to operate properly and provide us with the necessary nutrients that help us lose weight. Good Fats – Promote great skin, assist in lowering cholesterol levels, improve memory and concentration, & reduce the risk of heart disease, plus are great sources of Vitamin E and Omega-3s
- Unsaturated Fats – found in fish like salmon and tuna, nuts such as flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, and Brazil nuts, as well as avocado and olives.
- Saturated Fats – Avoid – found in things like packaged chips, icings, fried food, buttery popcorn, even some margarine’s
| Carbohydrates and Protein |Complex Carbohydrates
- Important source of energy and we couldn’t operate properly without them
- have vitamins and minerals, and can be found in yoghurt, fruit, vegetables, and beans for example
- But – if we eat too many carbohydrates when our body is less likely to convert them to energy ( Eg. eating them for dinner) it is stored as fat
- Avoid – carbohydrates with ‘simple sugars’ – they have little nutritional value – found in lollies, cordials, biscuits, chocolates, soft drinks, etc.
| Protein |
- Needed by our body to repair, rebuild, replenish and maintain healthy muscles and organs
- Every cell in our body requires protein to operate
- Important in kick starting our liver functions and controlling our metabolism
- Eating a protein rich breakfast has been proven to increase metabolism by up to 30% over 12 hours
- Helps to reduce fluid retention
- Helps us feel fuller for longer
- Ensures our body is using energy from our food to build muscle – therefore encourages the body to seek energy from our fat storage centers so we can continue to build muscle whilst burning our fat
- Eat more Protein – be selective though and eat ‘lean protein’ that doesn’t come in packaged in fat
- Eg. Chicken Breast, White Fish, Turkey Breast, Low Fat Cottage Cheese, Egg Whites, Tofu, Tempah
- Plus include ‘Clean’ Protein Powder’, such as ‘TZ Protein Powder’, into your diet as a shake, smoothie and to turn Sweet Treats into Protein Treats (many options available in the Sweet Treat Recipes section)
*** If you have an underlying disease or condition, or for medical questions, please talk to your doctor before removing sugar from your diet, or speak with one of our expert nutritionists in our Community Forum to arrange a consultation***